Thanks to the Generous Hearts
of Our Donors!
2016 has been a busy year for the team at Regina Palliative Care & Bereavement Centre and we couldn't be more proud! Without each and every one of you... we could not achieve all the great work in support of palliative and bereavement services throughout our province!
Education is an important component of what we do. Education and training has been identified as the number one need of palliative and bereavement professionals. As part of our misson, we provide wide-spread education. We know filling the educational toolbox for professionals is critical to the success of palliative and bereavement services across Saskatchewan
The following education has been made possible, thanks to you - our donors!
- Palliative Care Program staff and nurses have been able to attend out-of-province palliative conferences. These educational opportunities provide in-depth workshops and seminars covering all aspects of end-of-life care, the most current scientific developments in pain and symptom control, to hands-on experiential sessions adressing practical issues faced every day.
- 38 RN's, LPN's & CCA's, including from rural locations, took part in continued education which is essential for the delivery of palliative care in our province.
- 62 Professionals have accessed educational webinars offered at RPCI-GBC.
Testimonial from rural nurse:
"The education received has helped improve my understanding, knowledge and care when my patients/residents are palliative. As a nurse, my goal is to provide the best care possible whether it be acute or end-of-life. I believe everyone should have a peaceful and dignified death and the course I took has strengthened my skills to be able to provide that care."
In addition to education, Regina Palliative Care & Bereavement Centre provides support in the form of equipment, bereavement programs, comfort furnishings, volunteer programs and specialized resources.
Because YOU care, we are able to care. Take a look at all the great things that have happened in 2016 because of YOU!
- 85 kids between the ages of 6 - 17 attended Caring Hearts Camp. This semi-annual grief camp provides children with the opportunity to particpate in therapeutic, resilience skill-building, and summer fun activities following the loss of a loved one.
- 200 individuals attended Hope for the Holidays, an evening of quiet reflection and self-care to help families get through the holiday season without their loved one.
- 118 individuals have received support through one of our many group counselling sessions offered here at Regina Palliative Care & Bereavement Centre.
- 133 individuals have accessed on-on-one counselling with our Bereavement Counsellor
- Dishwasher for family room - Palliative Care Unit, Pasqua Hospital
- 18 visitor chairs - Palliative Care Unit, Pasqua Hospital
- 3 sofa beds - Palliative Care Unit, Pasqua Hospital
- 10 sleep chairs - Wascana Grace Hospice
- 10 visitor chairs - Wascana Grace Hospice
- 20 sheepskins - Palliative Homecare Program
- 6 sheepskins - Palliative Care Unit, Pasqua Hospital
- 1 Atmosaire Mattress - Palliative Homecare Program
- 1 Atmosaire Mattress - Palliative Care Unit, Pasqua Hospital
...AND, thanks to a very special donor, we will begin renewal of the 2 tub rooms located at Wascana Grace Hospice in the New Year!
Thank you M. M. Taylor for making the following possible:
- Fully accessible bathtub will be purchased complete with jet whirlpool system, colour light therapy and music sound system to provide refuge from pain and discomfort for patients.
- Blanket warmer
- Update of tiling, paint and lighting in both tub rooms
- Update and modernize decor to create a spa-like retreat for patients and provide them with an oasis to relax and escape the institutional feel they experience daily.
We are incredibly excited to begin this project and will be sure to share our progress with all of you.
Wishing all our donors and partners a safe and hopeful holiday season! We look forward to working alongside you in 2017!
- Regina Palliative Care & Bereavement Centre Staff